variable power supply mod
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

variable power supply mod

by mcquinn on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Is there a component I could change on the variable power supply kit to change the 3.3 volt output to 3.7 volts?

mcquinn

Re: variable power supply mod

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:45 pm

Are you talking about the Adjustable Breadboard Power Supply Kit? http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=38&products_id=184

If you select the 'Adj' position with the selector switch, you can adjust the output to anything up to 0.5v less than the source voltage.

adafruit_support_bill

by abzman2000 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 pm

strictly speaking, you can change either R3, or R4 and it will change one of the fixed values, turn the variable resistor until you get 3.7v out, then measure it's resistance (I suppose you could calculate it, but I wouldn't) then replace the resistor (either R3 or R4 depending on what fixed value you want to change) with one of the value you measured the variable resistor to be. This is assuming you want to easily set it to 3.7v, rather than have to measure it every time.
abzman2000

by mcquinn on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Yes it is the adjustable power supply,I use E-ciggerettes or personal vaporiser and the preffred voltage is 3.7 and 5 volts ,the variable voltage would be nice to fine tune the heat,as the heat affects the flavor of the liquid.So I can change the resister that makes the 3.3 volts to a lower value without affecting anything else?I am not an electronics person but have a little experience.That is a good idea using the variable resister to find the value that I desire for the 3.7 volts.I usually have to make a lot of attempts to get ohms law to work for me.Thanks.

mcquinn

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.