Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Battery Recharging- Energiser Ultimate Lithium AA
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Battery Recharging- Energiser Ultimate Lithium AA

by tytower on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm

I bought a pack of these for my camera. They work well so far but I thought I would see what voltage they were at new as they did not say whether they were pre-charged .

I measured 1.7V with a multimeter. I'm assuming then my camera can stand the extra voltage (Cannon A30).
But How will I recharge them ? The normal cutoffs for ni-cads will be too low I would assume.So am I going to have to buy a separate charger just fo them?

What are the high and low voltages for these ? The pack mentions "1.5 Lithium AA FR6" but I am not sure if that is a nominal voltage or something else.

Any thoughts on using a Li-Po charger somehow or other way bar hooking them up to my lab supply

tytower

Re: Battery Recharging- Energiser Ultimate Lithium AA

by oPossum on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Lithium Iron Disulfide primary cells are not rechargeable.

Discharge curves are in the spec sheet
I am the Possum, and I approve of this message. Sent from MacBook Wheel Sorry for my bad German.
oPossum

by tytower on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Jessus ,bloody conned again !

tytower

by Entropy on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:08 am

oPossum wrote:Lithium Iron Disulfide primary cells are not rechargeable.

Discharge curves are in the spec sheet

Which means, by definition, they are pre-charged. In fact, nonrechargeable lithium cells have some of the best self-discharge characteristics (e.g. longest shelf life) of any battery out there.

Really, a "pre-charged" NiMH battery means it's an ultra low self discharge design. All NiMHs are pre-charged, however, with standard NiMHs they are usually almost fully self-discharged by the time they reach the store shelves and you buy them.
Entropy

by richms on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:22 am

They are great cells, I get them when I am out and my nimh's are dead since the normal alkalines cant even run my compact camera for more than about 20 mins.

richms

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.