Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Another noob questions.. (data logger)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Another noob questions.. (data logger)

by Alexis on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:32 am

Hello .

First, sorry for my english, maybe the information are on the site but it's hard for me to understant all (and write ..)!

I have some question :
1 : I search a simple time data logger : I just want to 'trace' date and hours where the module is power on . Gps data logger is a great system but a few expensive and too complete for my application (but give me some ideas for picture geolocalisation)
2 : is it possible with GPS datalogger to start recording at power on and stop at power off ? (without any action)
3 : Can we use this > "FMP04 GPS module" with is a 10Hz gps low cost module with

Thanks for reply

Alex (french)
Alexis

Re: Another noob questions.. (data logger)

by hlantz on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 am

Hi,

If you're just looking for a data logger, check out the Data Logger shield - http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_21&products_id=243; it's got the same functionality as the GPS Shield, only without the portion.

(Both of these products requires an Arduino (or compatible) development board as well.)

hlantz

by Alexis on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks

I will look the arduino development board !

You confirm me that data logger can be sart automaticly an indude date and time functions ?

Alex
Alexis

by hlantz on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Alexis wrote:You confirm me that data logger can be sart automaticly an indude date and time functions ?

Check out http://www.ladyada.net/make/logshield/index.html for an in-depth description of what the datalogger shield can do. It does have a built-in real-time clock (with battery backup), but it doesn't "do" anything on its own - you need to connect it to an Arduino, and you need to program that Arduino to do whatever it is you want it to.

hlantz

by Alexis on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Ok, thanks for this precision !
Alexis

by Alexis on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:15 pm

ok ...

- Arduino is the 'main board', a open source plateform !
- i must add a data logger (with contain real time clock) or GPS datalogger(+GPS)
- i program it to do what i want !

Nice ...
Now just have to start ^^
Alexis

by hlantz on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:13 am

Yep, that's about the sum of it.

The Arduino is the actual processor, a shield just adds additional functionality to it.
Have a look at the tutorial section of http://www.ladyada.net - there are a ton of tutorials there, ranging from "blink an LED" to "track GPS positions and log them to an SD card". Go through the tutorials and you'll be programming your own applications in notime! Good luck!

hlantz

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.