Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

RFID debugger
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

RFID debugger

by nick_myshuitings on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

I have a specific RFID project that I have been tasked with, and I cannot find the tool that I need to get it done.

I've got a multi-protocol reader and writer en route from Stronglink in china, but I really need a card/tracer/debugger. I am sure I am not naming the device properly, but the idea would be to allow me to log all the conversation between the reader and the card for debugging. I remember reading theoretical projects about an antenna connected to an arduino or laptop via cable. This allowed them to log the conversation if placed between the card and reader. Problem is a can't find any for purchase nor any plans for assembly.

Anyone have any ideas on a product that exists, or the know how to custom build one?

Thanks,

Nick
nick_myshuitings

Re: RFID debugger

by nick_myshuitings on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

PS - the project is to try and get a toe in the door on the apartment building door key tag market down here in Cordoba Argentina. There are one or two companies for the whole city and they charge us renters something like $50 pesos (15 dollars) to replace the door key tags when you loose them. So, I suppose debugging their conversations between their readers and existing front door tags in order to allow us to create alternative door tags falls into a somewhat morally grey area... just want to be clear with everyone.

Thanks.
nick_myshuitings

by franklin97355 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:32 pm

One word "bus pirate"

franklin97355

by nick_myshuitings on Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 am

franklin97355 wrote:One word "bus pirate"

That is about 9 levels to high level for me... I'm a software guy who only dabbles in hardware. Although a quick google for bus pirate rfid showed some cool stuff.
nick_myshuitings

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.