Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

Wiring diagram question for LED Harness project
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Wiring diagram question for LED Harness project

by jorlyfish on Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm

I've wired up the LED Harness project but am confused by the circuit diagram -- there is a data line coming off of one of the Floras in section 1 that just ends with a red highlight at the end. I'm not sure what this means, and I'm pretty confident it's not just supposed to dangle there. The only other places on the diagram there are similar dots are where data lines end, but those don't have wires going out.

The Neopixel ring also doesn't show anything going to "data in" on the diagram. Photo documentation from the same project shows data going in from the Flora (single NP) above it, but the diagram shows that data line going past the ring to the Flora right below it.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Fighting with verifying the code in the meantime... but that's a topic for another thread perhaps. ;)

jorlyfish

Re: Wiring diagram question for LED Harness project

by dastels on Thu May 13, 2021 9:10 pm

The red endpoint means it's not connected to anything.

And those aren't "floras".. they're just individual NeoPixels. That had me confused at first. I guess the Flora name is on them for marketing reasons. Flora was sort f a predecessor to the the CircuitPlayground for wearable projects https://www.adafruit.com/product/659.

You are correct about the ring. Overall the diagram is rather poorly done. I would work from the photo for the data wiring.

Dave

dastels

Re: Wiring diagram question for LED Harness project

by jorlyfish on Fri May 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Thanks, Dave -- good to know about the Flora naming confusion too for future reference.

jorlyfish

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.