Need Purchase Support

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Abby218

Need Purchase Support

Post by Abby218 »

My order number is 2571002-6689394479

I purchased a Lithium Ion Cylindrical Battery - 3.7v 2200mAh as a replacement battery for solar outdoor lights.
1) it turns out that I actually needed 2000mah instead of 2200mah. Do you sell 2000mah in this battery?
2) Is this battery suitable for a solar light that can be recharged by sun?
3) the connector on your battery is smaller than the connector on my current battery (see attached photo for comparison. my battery has the black cable, your battery has the white cable). Can I replace the connector on your battery with my connector?
4) What is your return/exchange policy?
Attachments
adafruit battery.jpg
adafruit battery.jpg (213.54 KiB) Viewed 66 times

dastels

Re: Need Purchase Support

Post by dastels »

1. The mAh rating indicates how much energy the battery can hold. A 2200mAh will work perfectly well as a replacement for a 200mAh battery.
2. Was the original battery a simple LiPo or Lion battery? In which case it should work. Can you provide a photo of your old/existing battery or a link to a product listing?
3. As long as the battery is compatible, swapping the connectors by cutting and resoldering the wires (matching polarity and using some heatshrink to insulate the exposed bits) should be fine. Avoid soldering too close to the battery itself. Verify the polarity of the existing connector. On Adafruit batteries red is +3.7v and black is ground.
4. If a product is defective (not the case here) I (or someone else like me) can authorize a replacement, otherwise you'll have to ask [email protected].

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”