Light Meter Programming
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Light Meter Programming

by heberjm8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello,

I’m hoping I can obtain some much needed help with the programming of a circuit. I have never programmed before so this is all new to me. Well I’m designing an ambient light sensor with a digital display showing the amount of lux detected. So pretty much, just a basic light meter with a digital display for the lux. Looking at other light meters on the market I believe I want the lux range to be from 0 to anywhere to 20k, 40k, 50k, or even 100k lux. The max lux range really doesn’t matter as long as it’s sufficient enough. With the help of a customer service member I have already ordered the main parts I believe I’ll need for this circuit. Those parts being a photocell, a LCD screen (HD44780 chipset), and a micro-controller(Arduino Uno). I already have a breadboard, resistors, etc. If someone would be so kind to help me out by telling me how the easiest way to start constructing and programming this circuit I would greatly appreciate it. Diagrams or similar projects with my components would be great too. Thanks again.

[LINKS REMOVED]
heberjm8

Re: Light Meter Programming

by adafruit on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:34 pm

heberjm8 wrote:Hello, I’m hoping I can obtain some much needed help with the programming of a circuit. Here are the web pages to the parts I have ordered so far...

hiya,

welcome to the adafruit customer forums. it appears you bought things from somewhere else.

that's not really fair for us or our customers if you purchase items from other places but want help here (we sell photocells, LCD screens and mcus). please consider purchasing from adafruit so we can help you with the best support / forums for electronics online :)

it's also not fair on the vendor you purchased this from, they'd likely want a chance to demonstrate their customer service and expertise to you - you may want to post this in the forums from the vendor you purchased the items from.

thanks!

cheers,
adafruit

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.