DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera sofware stuck in lo
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera sofware stuck in lo

by SilverwolfMD on Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Okay, here's the situation...I'm building a camera to fit onto a spotting scope. I'm using an HQ camera sensor, a Pi3B+, and a PiTFT 320x240 2.8" resistive touchscreen (assembled). I used this project because it had software with a working user interface. After a few false starts (and complete reformats of the card so I didn't screw up the software), I got it to boot up to the screen, with the prompt, and I was able to activate the program. I'm using the OS distro that the project site suggests, and following all instructions. The only change I made is that I allocated 128MB of RAM to video operations on a 1GB board.

Here's the current situation: I'm at the "Testing" step in the Pi Setup section of the instructions. I'm on the screen, and I am getting an image from the camera which is updated in realtime (so it's moving smoothly, like I would expect a viewfinder to do). I see the gear icon and the forward icon. As per the instructions, I press the gear icon to open the settings. I see the animated Adafruit logo, then a still image. I see the animated Adafruit logo again, then another still image. If I put something else in front of the lens (say, I hold my hand above it) for one of these cycles, the image updates, but it's still stuck in this loop. I can't get to the settings menu to continue the test.

Is there something I'm missing?

Also...is there a way to change one of the file storage options to, say, the first USB stick plugged into the device (media/usb0) instead of the root filesystem?

SilverwolfMD

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.