Arduino cluster

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Txrider

Arduino cluster

Post by Txrider »

Hello all the smart people!
I am looking to make a gauge cluster for my old motorcycle. Sensors and all is pretty straight forward just need help with the electronics side of it. I am trying to figure out what I need for it and what is the best way to go about it.
My question is what is the biggest non-touch screen that Arduino can support?
I probably also have to mention that I am an absolute green-horn at this point. Still trying to learn the code.
Thank you!

dastels

Re: Arduino cluster

Post by dastels »

There's a lot of different Arduino boards. And a lot of non-arduino boards that you could use.

Maybe you should start by defining what you need in terns of screen, then find a board that will support it. That way you get what you want with minimal frustration.

Dave

Txrider

Re: Arduino cluster

Post by Txrider »

Hello, Dave!
I was thinking 7” non-touch screen. Basically I’d like to fit speedo, rpm reader, fuel gauge, temp gauge, odometer, clock, few warning lights in it and still be visible from two feet away.
I have done all my projects with Arduino because I understand Arduino allows you to build things more purpose build vs something like raspberry which takes more memory for all the other stuff that is not needed.
Is there actually a better platform than Arduino for projects like this?

Harry

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”