Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit joins the Stop Hate for Profit campaign.

QRB1134 for counting rotation of a wheel help!!
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

QRB1134 for counting rotation of a wheel help!!

by manishman on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:26 pm

I want to use qrb1134 to count the rotation of a wheel or a fan using arduino. I made a circuit as shown in datasheet and connected the signal output to one of arduino analog pin and the analog reading shows data ranging from 900 to 1100 depending upon the surface the sensor is facing to.. plz cud you direct me how can i use these readings to count the frequence?? plz give me some suggestion!!

thanks in advance!
manishman

Re: QRB1134 for counting rotation of a wheel help!!

by franklin97355 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Not sure this is the best sensor for your task ab=nd you probably should be using a digital pin. Every time the value changes from one state to the other is a revolution and you need to write code to sense this and convert this to the form you need.

franklin97355

Re: QRB1134 for counting rotation of a wheel help!!

by zener on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:42 pm

It sounds like you are not getting much variation of voltage. I think ideally you want that thing to either look at something very reflective, or not at all reflective. Then you would get a much bigger change in voltage. Then hopefully it is enough you can just hook it to a digital pin. What voltage range do you get measured with a volt meter?

zener

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.