1082 switch details

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tmkinsd

1082 switch details

Post by tmkinsd »

I see there have been at least a couple of discussions regarding this pushbutton switch assembly. One involved someone receiving a BCD output switch when they ordered the decimal output. One regarding receiving a switch with a different pinout than what had been previously seen online.

If I understand this item correctly, it may be composed of KSA-2 switch sections, which are available with either a BCD or decimal output. There aren't any really good pictures of the 1082 that show the pinout, but there are some for the 1084 (same family of switches, just smaller). Looking at the 1084 pictures, I was expecting to see the 5-6-7-8-9-C-0-1-2-3-4 pinout shown, but the 1082 I received from Mouser has the 9-8-7-6-5-C-4-3-2-1-0 pinout (my current design is based on the latter, so it was a pleasant surprise). Pinouts described are viewed for the side with the actual traces and the switch oriented with the connector at the bottom. Obviously, I'd like to be able to count getting these with a consistent pinout.

Also wonder if you could offer the end cap sets (L/R) as a separate part number, which would allow for assembly of switch assemblies with different numbers of positions. Thanks.

adafruit2

Re: 1082 switch details

Post by adafruit2 »

no plans to add the L/R plates, thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”