Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

has anyone had experiance making a circuit board with its ed
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

has anyone had experiance making a circuit board with its ed

by josheeg on Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:59 pm

has anyone had experiance making a circuit board with its edge being a card connector? I want to make some sensor cards that plug into a surface mount main board card connector.
josheeg

Re: has anyone had experiance making a circuit board with its ed

by gizmohalo on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 pm

gizmohalo

by josheeg on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 am

neat I like instructibles but I made circuit boards using kicad & eagle & batch pcb. So I wondered about making them in thowse programs & thicknesses I should worry about etc.
josheeg

by zener on Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:39 pm

As far as the thickness, it depends on the socket it is going into. Hopefully you have a PN on that. Otherwise you have to figure it out.

zener

by westfw on Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:49 am

Yeah, I've made a couple. These mini-SD "cards" plug into the slot of a "Mattel Juicebox" media viewer; one of the potentially useful linux-based appliances that appeared some time ago. As a couple of people have implied, having an appropriate PCB thickness is pretty important. Too thin is better than too thick; it might be loose and flakey, or need building up with tape or tissue/paper/addition PCB material/etc and superglue, but a too-thick board can permanently damage the mating connector.

It's not too hard; until relatively recently, card-edge connectors were the most common kind around...

westfw

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.