Snake eyes issues (hope this belongs here...)

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
marcmiller04

Snake eyes issues (hope this belongs here...)

Post by marcmiller04 »

I will start this off with a preface that I am a complete newb when it comes to the electronic side of things.

I bought 3 sets of the snake eyes and have since soldered 4 tft displays and 2 boards. I currently have 2 rapsberry pi 3b+ and have downloaded the software according to the instructions. I have run a multimeter across pins to ensure there is no bleed over to other pins. I also followed the instructions to setup the software, change my password etc...

Upon startup, both tft displays light up, once the program is running one display is lit up, but no movement, and the other has lines vertically on the display and a partial eye in the lower left corner of the display. I have adjusted the HZ rate via SSH and have not been able to get a change.

I have done this with 2 pis, 2 boards, 2 memory cards with the program loaded and have had no other results.

I also reloaded the program onto one of the memory cards from scratch with no change.

I am sure it is something I am doing, or have done, but am at a loss. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

mikeysklar

Re: Snake eyes issues (hope this belongs here...)

Post by mikeysklar »

Is this the guide you are following?

https://learn.adafruit.com/animated-sna ... pberry-pi/

Can you post a photo of one of your Pi's connected to the TFT and Bonnet? 800x600 works best.

Were you able to run the pi-eyes script?

Code: Select all

cd
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adafruit/Raspberry-Pi-Installer-Scripts/master/pi-eyes.sh >pi-eyes.sh
sudo bash pi-eyes.sh

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”