Using the ItsyBitsy M0 with 1.5" LCD Display ST7789

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Minefield47

Using the ItsyBitsy M0 with 1.5" LCD Display ST7789

Post by Minefield47 »

Hi,
I am a biology research student looking to control a 1.5" LCD display and I originally bought the ST7789 (https://www.adafruit.com/product/4313) along with a raspberry pi 4b and despite following the instructions on adafruit's tutorial page, I could not get the hardware to work. I have the backlight on and the provided code is said to be running on the pi but I have no image on the display. As such, I was looking into other options to solve this problem and I was thinking of using a M0 (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3727) to control the LCD screen and have imaging code run from that. Is this possible or should I buy something else?

Franklin97355

Re: Using the ItsyBitsy M0 with 1.5" LCD Display ST7789

Post by Franklin97355 »

Since it shows a metro powering it I would expect the M0 to work. Can you post a picture of the display and it's connection to the pi?

Minefield47

Re: Using the ItsyBitsy M0 with 1.5" LCD Display ST7789

Post by Minefield47 »

I actually gave it another try and despite having tried it countless times over the past two months of working on this project, I actually got it working somehow to where it is now displaying photos as a last ditch effort. Thank you so much for your advice on the M0 though.

A side question but I was wondering if you knew where I could find documentation on the draw commands for the drawing shapes and text example and the types of shapes I can create? Are they all just draw.rectangle or draw.circle? The project I am working on requires that I have rectangles and circles at different shades of gray displayed on the LCD screen in a randomized style.

Thank you so much!
Minefield

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”