10mm Plastic Bevel LED Holder does not hold LED's

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mspacone

10mm Plastic Bevel LED Holder does not hold LED's

Post by mspacone »

Hello,

I ordered 20x 10mm Plastic Bevel LED Holder PID: 2171 to hold the 10mm LED's I had also ordered PID: 4204.

Unfortunately, these plastic LED holders appear to be manufactured incorrectly and have a few issues:
1) The LED can be easily pushed too far into the holder, allowing it to stick out beyond the face of the holder
2) The holder's "fingers" that are supposed to keep the LED in place when it's pushed into a panel with an appropriate sized hole still allows the LED to be pushed through the holder
3) The holders "fingers" are rounded, when the piece that's up against the back of the LED should be flat, preventing the issue in #2 above

I have a much older holder that does not have these problems with some old 10mm LED's or the new 10mm LED's (PID: 4204), so I know it's a new holder problem.

I'm hoping to have one of the Forum Engineers review this and approve my return, given that this isn't possible to initiate w/o posting here first.

If someone wants pictures of what I'm talking about, I can certainly take some.

Thanks.

adafruit2

Re: 10mm Plastic Bevel LED Holder does not hold LED's

Post by adafruit2 »

well we haven't received any revision info for the holders so not sure what changed - but what you got is what we have so you can email support@adafruit for a refund and try to find other holders that will work!

mspacone

Re: 10mm Plastic Bevel LED Holder does not hold LED's

Post by mspacone »

Thank you for your reply. I will do just that. Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”