Adafruit Metro Board Connection to Computer

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
olusesi

Adafruit Metro Board Connection to Computer

Post by olusesi »

Hello,

Could you please assist in telling me the cable I need to connect Adafruit Metro board to my Computer? I'm not sure which port and cable to use.

I want to use the board with Adafruit Soil Moisture Sensor using CircuitPython code on it to read Soil Moisture Data. Please, assist me with information of the cable and connection procedure. Attached is the image of the board and the soil moisture sensor.

Thank you.
Attachments
Adafruit Metro Board and Soil Moisture Sensor.jpeg
Adafruit Metro Board and Soil Moisture Sensor.jpeg (280.59 KiB) Viewed 242 times

dastels

Re: Adafruit Metro Board Connection to Computer

Post by dastels »

You need a micro-USB data/sync cable (not a charge-only cable). For more see https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-met ... cuitpython

Dave

pel1

Post by pel1 »

Hello,

I just received new Metro 328 from Adafruit. I have tried to connect it to my MasBook Air. I still have a flashing red led indicating (apparently) a defect in the USB connection. I am aware that the connection requires a good quality charge /signal cable and I have tried several cables, but I am still getting the flashing red light and no connection. Please indicate recommended steps to solve or replace. Thanks in advance

PE

dastels

Post by dastels »

Please make a new topic for you post.

Thank you

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”