Trouble with Adafruit display

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
flopearedmule

Trouble with Adafruit display

Post by flopearedmule »

Hi
I bought 3 displays from a distributor on EBay and I can’t get any of them to work. https://www.ebay.com/itm/114317122933?var=414565217845

He recommended me to come here and explain what’s happening and see if I can get some help.
I have followed these instructions with this link, and I can’t get any of these displays to work. https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-led ... uino-setup
Using an Arduino UNO, and hooking the C to A5 and the D to A4….(+ to 5V, and – to grd)

What should this program do? I have all the libraries installed. Could these 3 displays be bad?

I already have a program running this same display, that I put together over 3 years ago and it works perfect. I had someone write a program for me, and all I did was verify, upload, and connect all my switch’s to the Arduino and drivers. It works perfect. Here is a video……….. https://rumble.com/veki2x-archery-strin ... rving.html

Now 3 years later, I purchased 3 more displays to build a couple more machines, and my machine will work perfect if I disconnect the C and D leads on the Arduino UNO. (the display don’t work, but the rest of machine works perfect. I just have to count the number of times I push the buttons.)

mikeysklar

Re: Trouble with Adafruit display

Post by mikeysklar »

Your vendor will need to provide support for these displays. These are not our products.

flopearedmule

Post by flopearedmule »

I just bought 2 displays from this website. When they don't work, then I can ask the question again?

FYI, the displays I bought on EBay are very much Adafruit! Not sure how you can say they are not your products.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

We supply support for products sold from us within 30 days. You will need to contact the vendor to have them contact us or deal with the vendor for a refund or replacement. We have no way of knowing when the vendor purchased the product.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

I just bought 2 displays from this website. When they don't work, then I can ask the question again?
"This website" = From Adafruit? If so, then yes. Please follow the Adafruit guide linked in your first post. If they do not work as described there, then please post photos of your setup so we can check for any obvious hardware issues.

[EDIT] You can also post photos of your setup with the ebay displays and we can take a look.

flopearedmule

Post by flopearedmule »

I thought this forum would have someone help show me what I was doing wrong. (I am very new to this) I never did believe the displays were faulty.
There was something in my program, where it would work with one display and not the other 3 displays.
The person I bought them from, his business is called KJD Electronics, and he told me to come here and someone would help determine what was wrong.

I went to the Arduino forum and got help. (they all three worked once I made my programming change)
I didn't know this forum was only help if purchased here. Sorry.

flopearedmule

Post by flopearedmule »

adafruit_support_carter wrote:
"This website" = From Adafruit? If so, then yes. Please follow the Adafruit guide linked in your first post. If they do not work as described there, then please post photos of your setup so we can check for any obvious hardware issues.

[EDIT] You can also post photos of your setup with the ebay displays and we can take a look.

Yes, I bought 2 more displays from Adafruit website as part of troubleshooting to see if they would work. I don't need help anymore for this problem.
The Arduino folks were very friendly and helpful.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”