Sound design for gallery museum exhibit

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mekei

Sound design for gallery museum exhibit

Post by Mekei »

Hi, I’m a rube to all this. I’m trying to find equipment for the sound design of an exhibit. I’d like to have an ambient sound played throughout the gallery, with some specific sound playing from objects on table pedestals. I thought the transducers might work for the pedestals. But I had a few questions. First, can they be mounted under the tables or would they have to sit on top to work? Second, could I hook them up to a micro sd shield (?) or something else that would contain the sound file and play it on a loop? Third, what other parts would I need to get this to work? Thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Sound design for gallery museum exhibit

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Ambient sound system design is a large field with a lot of details. If you’re just getting started, working with a professional will save you hours of headaches and confusion. Check your local movie theatres, concert halls, and colleges to see if they have any names.

WRT the transducers, they can go above or below a resonating surface. Be aware that the whole surface will vibrate though. That would make most things sitting on the surface rattle, and possibly move around.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”