Open Source Sleep Trackers/Health Trackers

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bcochran1

Open Source Sleep Trackers/Health Trackers

Post by bcochran1 »

Hi, I am wondering if there is an open hardware sleep tracker device that can be assembled with parts and operated through code? Similar to the Oura ring, for example. I have seen some projects on GitHub that I am still looking at. At least one involves the use of multiple physical devices, all of which are bulky and/or probably unpleasant to use in form factor.

It would be nice if there were a single small, open sourced wearable device with multiple sensors that could be built and then programmed by the user.

Thanks so much

Bob

Franklin97355

Re: Open Source Sleep Trackers/Health Trackers

Post by Franklin97355 »

Bob, what do these things track? There are boards that can track movement or position but I'm not sure it can interpret it as "sleep" or not. Do you have any code you could post? Any type of code would be helpful.

bcochran1

Re: Open Source Sleep Trackers/Health Trackers

Post by bcochran1 »

franklin97355 wrote:Bob, what do these things track? There are boards that can track movement or position but I'm not sure it can interpret it as "sleep" or not. Do you have any code you could post? Any type of code would be helpful.
Hi Franklin,

I'm hoping to learn if there are open sourced equivalents to the Oura Ring. You can find descriptions of it on the internet.

It is a very expensive exercise/fashion device which claims to track sleep quality. It does this with sensors that capture body temperature, heart rate variability, a few other things.

Do you know of any open source projects that offer similar functionality? Even a fraction of the functionality is fine. For example an open source device that can record and store body temperature over time.

Thanks so much

Bob

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”