Need to identify a FPC style cable.

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
nerlins

Need to identify a FPC style cable.

Post by nerlins »

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where to get this cable. I'm pretty sure adafruit will be where I need to purchase anything that'll work. This cable goes from a drone camera to the motherboard. It's somehow stranded / loose wire between the connector ends. The photos included are just one side of the cable but they are identical on each end. The data print on the connector says FPC-18PIN-V11. I can't find anything like this cable or with that data tag on it anywhere on the internet. Does anyone in this forum have any clue where I can get this cable? Or, is there something adafruit sells that would be close to as flexible as this? I say flexible because being that it is a braided rope style between the connectors, there is no plastic sheath or anything to cause any kind of friction where it enters in the camera gimbal housing. I need no friction, I'm assuming, when I rebuild the drone so the motors can move freely.
Attachments
PSX_20211206_144328.jpg
PSX_20211206_144328.jpg (145.82 KiB) Viewed 168 times
PSX_20211206_144315.jpg
PSX_20211206_144315.jpg (136.05 KiB) Viewed 168 times

mikeysklar

Re: Need to identify a FPC style cable.

Post by mikeysklar »

Our EYESPI cables look like a match for the ribbon connector tip. We don't sell it in a round cable form.

250mm
https://www.adafruit.com/product/5240

100mm
https://www.adafruit.com/product/5239

nerlins

Re: Need to identify a FPC style cable.

Post by nerlins »

Appreciate the response. Has to be that style because it routes in a tiny cavity for a camera gimbal enclosure. Very aggravating. I did finally find it on Ali Express for $12 plus shipping...quite a ripoff. Only other thing would be to cut out some exit from the enclosure. Not too keen on that.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”