Screen issue with DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
QVA3

Screen issue with DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera

Post by QVA3 »

We have been working on the DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Camera project, we purchased the recommended kit from Arrow that includes the following components: Pi3 ModelB, PiTFT plus320/240 2.8" TFT +Resistive, and Pi Camera Board v2 - 8 megapixels.

The issue we are having is with the camera program - when we run the camera test via cam.py the camera preview image (together with the 2 on-screen buttons) shows up on only 1/4th of the screen, and nothing happens when you touch the screen (the screen is unresponsive).

I tested to see if the touchscreen might be the issue, but found it works perfectly when not running the cam.py program. I also tested to see if we could control the cam.py program via a mouse or keyboard. After plugging in the mouse we were able to get the camera to take pictures (but not when intended), the mouse icon is not visible making it near impossible to control the program in any sort of functional way.

I assume I need to tweak the code to adjust the screen size and accept touch inputs from the screen while running the camera program. Any help or direction with this would be much appreciated.

QVA3

Re: Screen issue with DIY WiFi Raspberry Pi Touchscreen Came

Post by QVA3 »

I forgot to mention: We used the easy install method posted on https://learn.adafruit.com/diy-wifi-ras ... m/pi-setup I've read through the complex install instructions but I don't where I would be able to adjust the code in this process to fix this particular issue.

I also tried this fix (see attached) suggested on a different thread from someone trying to resolve a similar issue, but changing the config.txt file did have any impact on my issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 2.09.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 2.09.57 PM.png (189.45 KiB) Viewed 46 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”