Adafruit AirLift - ESP32 WiFi Co-Processor Breakout

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
galloups

Adafruit AirLift - ESP32 WiFi Co-Processor Breakout

Post by galloups »

Hello Adafruit team.
I am currently using Airlifts breakouts with:
  • Raspberry Pi Pico running Circuit Python (WIFI and BLE projects)
    Arduino (WIFI projects)
Firmware version is 1.7.4

I wanted to know if there were plans to port Airlift BLE library to Arduino, as today it is only available with Circuit Python?
Another question: today Airlift BLE library for Circuit Python does not allow to set the 3 leds of the ESP32. It is only possible in WIFI mode using the esp32 with SPI. Is that something that could be added to BLE library? Having access to 3 leds without having to hook up anything on the breadboard is a real plus!

Thank you!

law1

Re: Adafruit AirLift - ESP32 WiFi Co-Processor Breakout

Post by law1 »

I am also hopeful for some guidance using AirLift ESP32 Breakout module with Feather M4 Express. I hope to add BLE capabilities to my existing advanced ADS1262 ADC project for ADC controls and status indicators. This project is using Arduino IDE and includes very high-speed recording to SD with dedicated SPI and stacked Adafruit GPS/RTC module on Serial connection. I would hope there are some means to access the ESP32 coprocessor capabilities advertised to this Adafruit breakout module.

I hope to avoid using the WiFi capabilities to reserve the dedicated SPI to the ADC recording of the ADS1262.

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.
Attachments
Analog_data_logger_ADS1262_schematic.pdf
(273.76 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

law1

Re: Adafruit AirLift - ESP32 WiFi Co-Processor Breakout

Post by law1 »

With some struggle I have managed a way to "pre-program" the AirLift ESP32 breakout with simple SerialToSerialBT using a Adafruit CP2102N Friend - USB to Serial Converter ($5.95). Albeit there may be other ways using the "serial-pass-thru" mumbo-jumbo, I was unable to determine how to handle that thru my Feather M4 Express in Arduino.

Wiring: AirLift ESP32 breakout > USB to Serial Converter
Vin 5V > 5V
Gnd > Gnd
RST > RTS
GP0 > DTR
RXI > TXD
TX0 > RXD

In Arduino IDE select the ESP32 Arduino & Adafruit Feather (or ESP32 Dev Module) board selection after adding "https://dl.espressif.com/dl/package_esp32_index.json" to the Preferences/Additional Boards Manger URLs: and additionally, to assure the CP2102N Friend com port drivers are loaded and a new com(x) discovered. Then just compile/load the example sketch(s) to the AirLift ESP32. (I've used SerialToSerialBT example under "BluetoothSerial", others possible).

I hope this simplicity is helpful in your developments of BLE capabilities of the AirLift ESP32 breakout.
Attachments
20220522_143537.jpg
20220522_143537.jpg (562.95 KiB) Viewed 93 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”