Camera Help

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Marinekilo

Camera Help

Post by Marinekilo »

Hello. I need some guidance on some cameras. This is the situation; I was pulling my water well casing and the casing broke then the casing feel about 300' below the surface and the last 15' shattered. I have recovered the 630' of casing but the last 15' I am unable to hook. I need a camera that can self-focus between 2"-12" range. I would like one to be color and need another to be infrared.

Thanks for any help.
Marine KIlo

Franklin97355

Re: Camera Help

Post by Franklin97355 »

I don't think Adafruit has anything that will help. You might look at wifi cameras like depstech.

Marinekilo

Post by Marinekilo »

I can't use Wi-Fi underground. If I can use coaxial cable at this depth, without any booster. Then I should be able to use ethernet with booster. The first Camare I built was with a Raspberry Pi Camera Board v2. I have found another Camare, without auto focus. I was thinking I'm going to use a steeper motor to focus.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

How large is the casing? you might be able to use a USB camera on a cable but I don't know how far the cable will work.

Marinekilo

Post by Marinekilo »

I need to go a depth of 1200'. What I was thinking is Cat6 shielded, also boosters, for com. A dedicated line for the camera and another one for the Pi, so I can control the steeper motors. power would be at the camera.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

WOW! Interesting. Also, what diameter casing are we dealing with?

Marinekilo

Post by Marinekilo »

it's a 6" casing. So I need the camera to be small. due to the fact that I need to put a claw to grab the broken pieces of casing. On the Adafruit DC & Stepper Motor Bonnet for Raspberry Pi. I'm thinking of running with raspberry pi zero 2W, Raspberry pi pico. Also need to run 4 N20 DC Motor with Magnetic Encoder - 6V with 1:298 Gear Ratio and a 12" eTape Liquid Level Sensor. Also a Adafruit MLX90640 IR Thermal Camera Breakout. So the motors will be so I can move the cameras, liquid level sensor will be used to find where the water level is. this is turning into a nightmare!!!

Disciple

Post by Disciple »

Hi. I'm just a customer who uses the MLX90640 quite a bit, and I thought I'd mention something.
It's pretty good at producing image data when it's presented with a scene with differences in radiant heat, like detecting a warm-blooded animal. If the objects you're seeking have equalized their temperatures to their surroundings, then the MLX90640 won't be able to distinguish them. Providing your regular Pi cameras with suitable LED illumination would likely serve your needs better. Hope this helps.

Hallelujah!
Disciple

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”