Silicone Tubing for Peristaltic Liquid Pump - not suitable O

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
briannzi

Silicone Tubing for Peristaltic Liquid Pump - not suitable O

Post by briannzi »

Hi,
I ordered 2x 5v peristaltic pumps, and 2x spare 1m tubing lengths (Order #2808279-1391768110), assuming that the spare tubing would be suitable for replacing the internal pump tubing - but the spare tubing appears to be ~5mmOD, while the internal pump tubing is ~4mmOD. We only found out yesterday when we went to change the tubing and the spare stuff is all too big - luckily we had the internal tubing from the spare pump to install, but I'm wanting to get some correct internal tubing asap to hold as spare.
Are you able to supply the correct internal spare tubing, or advise the specifications and a supplier?
The freight to New Zealand is expensive, so I wanted to order it all in one hit the first time, but that has failed.
Brian

mikeysklar

Re: Silicone Tubing for Peristaltic Liquid Pump - not suitab

Post by mikeysklar »

As a forum moderator I cannot lookup your order number. Can you post the Adafruit part#'s that you purchased.

The 5v peristaltic pump Adafruit sells is #3910 with matching tubing (3.5mm ID and 5mm OD).

There are two types of silicone tubing that Adafruit sells. Neither matches the pump spec perfectly, but the #4661 is closer to the specs.

#3659 Silicone Tubing for Peristaltic Liquid Pump - 1 Meter [2.5mm (internal diameter) / 4.7mm (external diameter)]

#4661 Silicone Tubing for Air Pumps and Valves - 3mm ID - 1 Meter Long [3mm (internal diameter) / 5mm (external diameter)]

briannzi

Post by briannzi »

Thanks Mikeyskylar,
The pump part number was: 3910 and the spare tubing was 3659

The issue is that the internal pump tubing that actually pumps is smaller (~4mmOD) than the other tubing it comes with (~5mmOD), and the spare tubing part is the same (~5mmOD).
I require spare internal tubing for when it wears out from use. I have a picture attached this time, you will see that the internal pump tubing on the right is significantly smaller than the spare tubing that (a) came with the pump 3910, and (b) I ordered additionally 3659

If Adafruit can't supply the correct ~4mm OD tubing, can you please advise the exact specs, and suggest a supplier so that I can order some.
peristaltic tubing.jpg
peristaltic tubing.jpg (14.32 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Thanks,
Brian

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Brian,

The closest tubing in the Adafruit store is the air pump tubing which is 4mm OD (#4661).

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4661

McMaster-Carr has an amazing selection:

https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-silic ... er-tubing/

I don't have a datasheet for the pump. Just the technical details which mentions 5mm OD.

Code: Select all

Working Temperature: 0℃ - 40℃
Motor voltage: 5 to 6 VDC
Motor current: 500mA
Flow rate: up to 100 mL/min
Weight: 104 grams
Dimensions: 27.8mm diameter motor, 66.8mm total length
Mounting holes: 3.7mm diameter, 50mm center-to-center distance
Tube length: approx 530mm / 20.8"
Tube diameters: inner diameter 3.5mm, outer diameter 5mm

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”