Gun Prop: Lights and Sound

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Apocalypse101

Gun Prop: Lights and Sound

Post by Apocalypse101 »

hey all,
NOVICE hear with big dreams lol (gotta love that...sorry) i am working on a project that is down to the electronics portion and im running out of time..

I have an audio fx board with a 2x2w amp built in, an arduino uno, a 3w speaker, 2 types of switches, a 4700uf 10v electronic capacitor (if needed), some neo pixels, and a dream..

My question is… what do I really need (so I can keep it compact as possible and how would you go about wiring this up? Maybe even tutorials you may know of that are simple.. what I’m trying to do is get my prop gun to light up and also push sound out of this speaker. I already have the soundboard fixed with the audio files which I did last night.

Any help would be greatly appreciated if you have it to give! I appreciate it in advance!

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Gun Prop: Lights and Sound

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Apocalypse101

Post by Apocalypse101 »

yeah I was looking at these.. none seem to utilize the big speaker.. The Lucio blaster is the closest to what im trying to achieve but the creator changes his mind in all 3 parts i think so im not 100% sure what to do...

adafruit_support_bill

none seem to utilize the big speaker..
Connections for the larger speaker are the same as for the smaller ones.
The Lucio blaster is the closest to what im trying to achieve but the creator changes his mind in all 3 parts i think so im not 100% sure what to do...
Complex projects often evolve along the way. Your best bet is to find something close to what you have in mind and modify it to fit your vision. We can help with specific technical questions, but the aesthetic choices are yours to make.

Apocalypse101

Post by Apocalypse101 »

if i have a sound card with a 2x2 amp built in, do i need anything else to run this bigger speaker? like another amp? or is the one built into the sound card enough? i guess im trying to see what else i might need

adafruit_support_bill

We don't know much about your speaker other than the 3W rating which is the maximum power the speaker will handle. While a 2W amp will most likely drive your speaker, it will not achieve the max possible volume that the speaker is capable of.

Most class-D amplifier module power ratings are based on driving a 4 ohm speaker. If your speaker has an 8 ohm impedance, the max amp output will be about half that rated value.

Apocalypse101

Post by Apocalypse101 »

Ok now that makes sense to me… I tend to miss the little things. Thank you for putting up with me! You helped me out greatly!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”