How to make Pimoroni HyperPixel - 4.0" Hi-Res Display for Ra

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Knautica

How to make Pimoroni HyperPixel - 4.0" Hi-Res Display for Ra

Post by Knautica »

Pimoroni HyperPixel - 4.0" Hi-Res Display for Raspberry Pi - Non-Touch How to I get this to work I follow all instructions.

dastels

Re: How to make Pimoroni HyperPixel - 4.0" Hi-Res Display fo

Post by dastels »

What model of Pi are you installing it on?

You followed the instruction at https://learn.pimoroni.com/article/gett ... perpixel-4?

Dave

Knautica

Post by Knautica »

Yes I followed all the instructions for the hyper pixel four and it worked long enough till it rebooted now the display won’t come on again and I’ve re-loaded everything with fresh installs followed the instructions again to the tea and it don’t work it shows on the raspberry configuration that the software is working but the hardware is not working

dastels

Post by dastels »

Again:
What model of Pi are you installing it on?
Dave

Knautica

Post by Knautica »

Again,
Raspberry Pi 4
4 GB
Raspberry Pi OS
A port of Debian bullseye with pi desktop
(PI 3/4/400)
RELEASED 04/04/2022 NEWEST
ALL UPDATED AND UPGRADED.

Again, It worked once until I rebooted and then the screen was black and no back lights. Redone everything I had done for it to work the first time and still no change. BLACK SCREEN.

It did the same on pi 400. Worked until reboot than blank screen.
As I mentioned before I can see the DPI display is showing in screen config as if it’s all working. I can us both in the screen configuration screen. So I do believe the software is working but the hardware (hyper pixel) is not.

I also seen several comments in the pimoroni forums many people are dealing with dead hyper pixel displays!!

dastels

Post by dastels »

I've asked around internally to see if anyone has some applicable experience. Which I don't.

Dave

Knautica

Post by Knautica »

And who are you. How did you get yours working. Do you work for Adafruit cuz I’d imagine it’s the display and they will need to replace it.

dastels

Post by dastels »

I googled, tried stuff, and got it running. Then again I've been fiddling with Linux from the early distributions.

I work for Adafruit.

I'm not yet convinced it's the hardware. It worked, you rebooted, now it doesn't work. Hopefully someone has more experience troubleshooting this display and will be able to get more insight into what happened. And get it running again.

Dave

Knautica

Post by Knautica »

Of course a adafruit employ would not be Convinced it’s a hardware issue. maybe it worked I rebooted the display shorted out somehow because it’s junk and now it don’t work considering how many post in the forms I have seen of people having bad hardware meaning bad hyper pixel for display.

dastels

Post by dastels »

I didn't say I was an employee. There's no reason to get unpleasant when I'm just trying to help you get your hardware working. Since there is a possibility that the display hardware is faulty we'll do a one time replacement on this, i.e. if the replacement stops working we're not replacing it. If you're cool with that email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Pimoroni HyperPixel - 4.0" Hi-Res Display - Non-Touch.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”