I2C Stemma QT Rotary Encoder Breakout Library Request

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
zzcrow

I2C Stemma QT Rotary Encoder Breakout Library Request

Post by zzcrow »

Could someone write a library for the adafruit i2c rotary encoders that is exactly like esprotary library???
The esprotary library is here on github: https://github.com/LennartHennigs/ESPRotary

I am trying to write it myself, but I am having problem on how to pass the rotary encoder as an object successfully, I have not figured out what library (or not) to include in the .h of the library I am writing, when compiling it complains of dup libraries, but I need them both included in the main sketch and the library. Adafruit needs to do this and add the features to the seesaw library!!! Save us ladyayda!!!!
The library I am trying to mimic supports lower bound, upper bound, increment and callback libraries and more to handle everything. I wrote some code myself, not in the form of a library here attached, but I am having trouble handling the upper bound threshold in a way it returns the upper bound max when the encoder position exceeds the upper bound, instead it just defaults to the previous position, never showing the max. OK!!!!
An example sketch for the function I wrote is attached.
Attachments

[The extension ino has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”