Would anyone who frequently orders from Mouser be able to help me get some ICs?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Would anyone who frequently orders from Mouser be able to help me get some ICs?

by Agent24 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:37 pm

I wish to buy some uPC1688G ICs but the only good source I found was Mouser:

http://nz.mouser.com/ProductDetail/CEL/UPC1688G-A/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvlz5n0fllKWEjwVVX9F9wX%252bVzi2G%2fuEc0%3d

The problem is they want $50 for shipping!

Would anyone be able to add some of these in to their next order and forward them to me when they get them?

Edit: Forgot to say, of course I would pay you for shipping costs to me, but could only do with Paypal.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Agent24 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent24

Re: Would anyone who frequently orders from Mouser be able to help me get some ICs?

by zener on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm

You might enquire if they will ship USPS. That should be a lot cheaper.

zener

Re: Would anyone who frequently orders from Mouser be able to help me get some ICs?

by Entropy on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if those of us who do frequently order from Mouser would necessarily be able to help you.

I was originally shocked at your shipping estimate until I realized that you're in NZ - Their domestic shipping costs within the United States are not like that, but I'm not sure if the costs of shipping ICs to New Zealand could be done in a manner competitive with Mouser shipping directly to NZ.

Also, in my case, I just completed a whole bunch of orders and won't be firing any more off for a while. :(
Entropy

by agt on Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Agent24, check your PM.
agt

by Agent24 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Entropy wrote:I was originally shocked at your shipping estimate until I realized that you're in NZ - Their domestic shipping costs within the United States are not like that, but I'm not sure if the costs of shipping ICs to New Zealand could be done in a manner competitive with Mouser shipping directly to NZ.

I think it is possible, but only with very slow postage options.

I purchased 2x 2GB sticks of DDR3 RAM from an eBay seller in California. They took about 2 weeks to get here but the price on the postage sticker was only $3.20 US or so - I think it was USPS first class mail, but I can't really remember. The seller used a small envelope\package with bubble-wrap lining.

I'd be happy with something like that, even if it does take 2 weeks!
Agent24

by dbc on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Actually, US Postal Service "flat rate priority mail" is usually a pretty good deal for shipping small parcels overseas. The catch is that the shipment has to fit in a fixed size box. Check the USPS web site. If the parts can fit into a "small" or "medium" box, it probably isn't too bad, modulo customs on the NZ end.

dbc

by dbc on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:13 am

dbc

by Agent24 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 am

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class- ... prices.htm

But this is cheaper, especially for quite small items like a couple of ICs.
Agent24

by stinkbutt on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:09 pm

There are other options for sourcing parts.

http://www.protostack.com/
http://australia.rs-online.com/web/home.html
http://au.element14.com/

At least those guys are based out of Australia. I'd be pretty surprised if none of them had what you required.
Red M&M, Blue M&M: They all wind up the same color

stinkbutt

by zener on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:19 pm

stinkbutt wrote:I'd be pretty surprised if none of them had what you required.

Your fortune cookie:

"you will soon be surprised"

zener

by Agent24 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:44 pm

:lol: I agree, a surprise must be coming your way.

I usually buy from RS and Farnell, but in this case they do not sell the ICs I require. Mouser was the only place I found (well Digikey had them also but MOQ is 110)

Though to be fair, these ICs are rather obscure and I think discontinued, or nearing it.
Agent24

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.