Electronic Ink Brush for Chinese calligraphy and painting

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wubr2000

Electronic Ink Brush for Chinese calligraphy and painting

Post by wubr2000 »

Hi,

I am in Hong Kong and would like to create an electronic ink brush for Chinese-style calligraphy and painting on a computer. I thought that this might be possible using a combination of Arduino and Processing.

Would anyone with experience in this type of project be able to offer some advice?

I am interested to pursue this project because my family has been involved in Chinese art for a long time (one of my relatives painted the pandas in the picture) and I thought that I could do my part to contribute.

I thought that for the brush part, I could use optical fibers (which was invented by a HK professor and so its usage could serve as a tribute as well) - something that would mimic the thin, soft, flexible nature of the bristles when it's wet. But not sure if that would be the best input sensor.

For the output part, I still need to figure out how to create code in Processing that would create an ink on paper feel.

Any advice on either the input part or the output part would be greatly appreciated as I am a total novice in Arduino and Processing. Thank you!

Regards,
Bruno
qibai343.jpg
qibai343.jpg (16.42 KiB) Viewed 480 times
1228373637734-1.jpg
1228373637734-1.jpg (20.05 KiB) Viewed 480 times

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”