There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Smallest Color Display with Arduino Library
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Smallest Color Display with Arduino Library

by ShaneShuford on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm

As the title says, i'm looking for the smallest possible color display that allready has an arduino library with it. the smaller the better.
ShaneShuford

Re: Smallest Color Display with Arduino Library

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:14 pm

This is the smallest color display we stock. It is supported by our GFX Library http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-gfx- ... y/overview

adafruit_support_bill

by ShaneShuford on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 pm

http://www.adafruit.com/products/684
? this one?
is the .96 the screen only? or + the board around it?
ShaneShuford

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:41 pm

That's the one. The 0.96" is the screen diagonal measurement. The board is 31.5mm x 35.5 x 5mm.

adafruit_support_bill

by ShaneShuford on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 pm

too big, nothing like this? http://www.weartronics.com/products/320M

does this 320m have a library for the arduino? would it be possible to make one?
ShaneShuford

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:35 pm

That's an impressive little display, but more than the Arduino can reasonably drive. The display buffer alone is 76.8Kb (assuming 8-bit pixels) vs the 2Kb RAM available on the Arduino UNO. You should look into something like the Raspberry Pi or Beagle Bone to drive that.

adafruit_support_bill

by ShaneShuford on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:04 pm

the device i'm creating will be hooked up to a computer via USB. can the arduino not act as a middle man between the display and the computer?

also, strange as it may sound. i need the screen to emit light to cast a reflection on a piece of glass. i don't think this device emits light, but oled displays do.. i think.
ShaneShuford

by adafruit_support_bill on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:56 am

the device i'm creating will be hooked up to a computer via USB. can the arduino not act as a middle man between the display and the computer?

The Arduino's USB connection is as a virtual serial port with a maximum speed of 115K bits/sec - or approximately 12 bytes per second. Assuming no additional processing or communication overhead, the fastest screen paint (76.8 K pixels) would be somewhere north of 6 seconds.

Sounds like you are creating a head-up display. Oleds are a good choice for reflective displays. Some have experimented with transmission type displays by removing the backlight module from LCD displays.

adafruit_support_bill

by ShaneShuford on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm

heads up display, or augmented reality.
i found that if i cast a different reflection of the same object slightly offset in each eye it looks like a 3d object in front of you.
if you scrape the label off of an old CD the plastic is clear, but also acts like a mirror at the same time.

you pick up clues really well!
ShaneShuford

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.