ADXL345 with Python and the Raspberry Pi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: ADXL345 with Python and the Raspberry Pi

by static on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 pm

I don't have a real-time visualization system yet.
If you want to view graphical data in real-time, I'm not the guy to help you. I haven't learned how to do it (yet).

I do have a logging program for generating graphs from logged data. It's going to take me a couple of days to get it on here (I'm not at my workspace). Let me know if that interests you. I'll post the code up, and then post some tweaks for using it with the ADXL.

static

by praajhen on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:19 am

Hi Static,
Thanks for your reply. But what i want to visualizing the o/p of the accelerometer (ADXL345) graphically. One more doubt, If i use your current code in this forum, do i get the o/p of the accelerometer?
i.e. x=---
y= --
z=---

Static wrote:I don't have a real-time visualization system yet.
If you want to view graphical data in real-time, I'm not the guy to help you. I haven't learned how to do it (yet).

I do have a logging program for generating graphs from logged data. It's going to take me a couple of days to get it on here (I'm not at my workspace). Let me know if that interests you. I'll post the code up, and then post some tweaks for using it with the ADXL.
praajhen

by Wepamat on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 am

Hey static,

I'm very much interested in connecting the ADXL345 to my Raspberry too.
It would be helpful to get the X, Y and Z Coordinates directly from the script, to be able to postprocess them on directly.
I am planing to calculate from the X, Y and Z acceleration how the Device to which the 345 is connected is standing relatively to a wall i.e., to be able detect whether I'm drilling straight into the wall i.e.

Could you just bring me up to the latest news? It would be great to get an answer from you.

Wepamat
Wepamat

by waltr on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:16 am

I have used pygame to graphically display accelerometer data with an R-Pi.
Adafruit has a few tutorials on using pygame, one shows how to do an O'scope. This is the one I followed to learn how.
waltr

by static on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:44 pm

I am so sorry that I missed these posts. I've been out for a bit, but I've returned to the States and I'll be getting back to work.

The current state is that things are in parts around my lab. I need to reassemble things and start programming again. The good news is that I've switched jobs, and I have a much bigger professional emphasis on my coding skills.

I'll post up when I start having progress. Again, my apologies.

static

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.