Remove webIDE

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
BernUW

Remove webIDE

Post by BernUW »

I would like to remove Adafruit webIDE completely. I did it both the automated way and the manual, too. I also did remove the directories by hand.

Strange enough if I look at the user.log file the following command keeps running every 20 seconds:

"raspberrypi restartd: webide is NOT running, executing 'sevice adafruit-webide.sh restart'

How can I stop this?

ADearUser

Re: Remove webIDE

Post by ADearUser »

For uninstalling, did you try `apt-get remove adafruitwebide` yet (might wanna try hitting tab after the word adafruitwebide to see if it autocompletes to some other name)?

I would imagine the service script can still be found in /etc/init.d/adafruit-webide.sh possibly?

That /etc/init.d folder is infamous in the linux world (I hope you're using raspbian or some nix varient, ha): that's where all the debian services can be started and stopped from. Those scripts can be setup to start automatically when your computer starts via the command `update-rc.d adafruit-webide.sh defaults` You would want to try and make that not happen anymore of course. So try `sudo service --status-all` to list off all the scripts set to start automatically, you'll probably see something in the list that partains to adafuitwebide? If so, tell it to stop trying to start the script automatically by

Code: Select all

$  update-rc.d -f  adafruit-webide.sh remove
You might need to change `adafruitwebide` to what ever was listed in the previous step that you suspect is the script linux is trying to start continually.

Additionally, if you really want, you can manually remove that init.d script too, which may still exist:

Code: Select all

rm /etc/init.d/adafruit-webide.sh
ref: http://www.jamescoyle.net/cheat-sheets/ ... heat-sheet

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”