Raspberry Pi 4B Power issue

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
RemovingPizza

Raspberry Pi 4B Power issue

Post by RemovingPizza »

Hello!

I just received my Raspberry Pi4B with the original power supply in the mail, but I ran into a problem. At first, the unit did not turn on, no lights, nothing. After unplugging and re-plugging the USB connector a few times, I finally got lights and the unit booted up. Then I put it down on the table and it immediately rebooted. Then it shut down again and it was hard to get going again. There seems to be an issue with the USB connector not making proper contact. I plugged the power supply into my cell phone, and the cell phone starts charging immediately. The connection seems to be good and stable.
I think there is something wrong with the USB socket on the Raspberry. Can I exchange this unit for another one?

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Raspberry Pi 4B Power issue

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

The connection seems to be good and stable.
This is the connection between the power supply and the Pi? (not the phone)

How are you noting the shut downs and reboots? Is there a monitor attached? Or something else?

RemovingPizza

Post by RemovingPizza »

The connection between the power supply and the PI is very spotty, most of the time not there, and when it is, it is not stable at all. The PI will either turn off or reboot and the slightest movement of the cable.
I think the power supply is ok, there is no problem when I connect the power supply to other USB devices.

Yes, there is a monitor attached to the PI. But when it has no power, the LEDs are not coming on, either.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Send another email to [email protected] and link them to this post and they can send you a replacement Pi 4.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”