Qt py esp32 s3 update code from enclosure

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Rjdada

Qt py esp32 s3 update code from enclosure

Post by Rjdada »

So I have my microcontroller running inside of an enclosure that is quite hard to take apart and put back together and I would like to be able to boot it up to where I can update the code without pushing the reset and boot buttons is there any way to do that that way I can keep my enclosure sealed and watertight with an external USB port attached to the controller from the inside an update the code as he needed

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Qt py esp32 s3 update code from enclosure

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

How are you programming the board? Arduino? CircuitPython? other?

Rjdada

Post by Rjdada »

I'm using Arduino

adafruit_support_carter

OK, access to the USB post should be all that's needed.

Would something like this work?
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3931

Does "watertight" mean it needs to work totally immersed in water? Or just needs to be splash proof?

Various "waterproof" panel mount USB options probably exists also.

Rjdada

Post by Rjdada »

I already have the enclosure and the port mounted USB what I'm trying to do is how can I upload my code to qt py ESP 32s3 without pushing the reset and boot Button in order to upload code because currently if I do not press those buttons while it is connected to my computer and I hit upload it won't upload my code not unless I press the resetting boot Button first and then it will upload my code uploads with no problem I'm trying to be able to upload code without pressing the buttons because once I have it closed up in the enclosure I would like to be able to make slight modifications for Optimal Performance without tearing the whole thing apart every time

Rjdada

Post by Rjdada »

I guess I'm asking how would I code in away to put the cutie pie in bootloader mode or in upload mode without pressing the buttons because if I try to upload my code without pressing the buttons it compiles the code and everything and it sends a command to the microcontroller to do something but then it can't find the port to upload it

adafruit_support_carter

In normal operation, there should be no need to press the reset button. Just connecting to the USB port and uploading a new sketch should work.

However, this process can sometimes run into issues, which then requires forcing bootloader mode via access to the buttons.

Are you currently not able to simple attach via USB and upload a new sketch?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”