QT PY S3 BLE

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Nvncble

QT PY S3 BLE

Post by Nvncble »

I am attempting a project where I am using a QT PY S3 as a Bluetooth midi controller.I prefer to use C++ in the Arduino IDE, which I understand has a few limitations. I intend to use connect it to a computer and DAW.

My issue is that I am unable to find it as a device on anything other than a utility app on my phone. I’ve found conflicting information from my research. One source says it’s possible to connect the ESP32 via BLE to a Mac. Others say the connection/advertising packets aren’t reliable enough for such applications.

Any clarification or guidance would be great. I can share the code and screenshots from the only connections/visibility I am able to achieve.

Thanks in advance

mikeysklar

Re: QT PY S3 BLE

Post by mikeysklar »

The USB Host to BLE Keyboard Adapter is the only Arduino ESP32-S3 guide using BLE that I've seen from Adafruit.

If possible using an ItsyBitsy nRF52840 would be much easier as there are many guides and working code to help with BLE pairing with that processor.

Nvncble

Post by Nvncble »

mikeysklar wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:35 am The USB Host to BLE Keyboard Adapter is the only Arduino ESP32-S3 guide using BLE that I've seen from Adafruit.

If possible using an ItsyBitsy nRF52840 would be much easier as there are many guides and working code to help with BLE pairing with that processor.

I was actually able to figure it out. After factory resetting it (because of the Cpython). I uploaded the code including the respective BLE libraries and downloaded nRF to my Mac. From there I had to connect to the ESP32 MIDI from the nRF app and only then was it found in the Audio MIDI setup on the Mac.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Interesting that the nRF app was a necessary step. Thank you for sharing your solution.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”