All stemma cables sold out... ETA for restock?

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
EnnJinn

All stemma cables sold out... ETA for restock?

Post by EnnJinn »

Every useable size of stemma cables are sold out. I've got the notification set, but I'm wondering if this is something that happens often, and if so, how often does restocking happen? Am I looking at a matter of weeks, or months?

adafruit_support_carter

Re: All stemma cables sold out... ETA for restock?

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Unfortunately, it's difficult to provide ETAs. There are many factors beyond Adafruit's control. As long as the item is not showing as "Discontinued", it should eventually get back in stock. Signing up for the notification is the best option.

Timeline

Post by Timeline »

@Ennjinn, are you talking about the smaller 1mm QT versions? Looks like the 50mm is in stock but I assume when you said "usable sizes" you meant longer? If so while a bit of a kludge and not a great long term solution, you could get the 150mm https://www.adafruit.com/product/4397 and 150mm https://www.adafruit.com/product/4209 and put them together into a single 300mm cable with the Stemma QT connector on either end. Probably good enough for testing purposes if your immediate need is just for a cable or two for experimenting.

millercommamatt

Post by millercommamatt »

Check Digikey.

blakebr

Post by blakebr »

I am waiting for the day when the STEMMA connectors are replaced by BlueTooth.
Fingers crossed X.

Bruce

EnnJinn

Post by EnnJinn »

Yeah the 50mm are just too short really. The female to male trick looks like my only option for now. Lead time doesn't seem like it should be that big of a mystery. It seems like they should be able to give a basic ballpark answer... I'm not asking for a specific date. Just an expectation window to get some idea here... like "sometime in the next few weeks" hopefully vs "sometime in the next few months". Manufacturers provide expected lead time when production orders are made. I don't really buy that they have no idea.

Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I believe those cables they buy from an outside source (Kaweei Technology according to the datasheet Adafruit has attached at Digikey) rather than making them, so maybe the have less control of when they will get new ones once they place an order?

As @millercommamatt mentioned, DigiKey does have 613 pieces of the 100mm 4210 models in stock. All other lengths, however, are out of stock there as well.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”