no cameras show up in Green Screen option

Microsoft's MakeCode platform for easy blocks-style programming

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ahdavidson7

no cameras show up in Green Screen option

Post by ahdavidson7 »

I'm trying to use the green screen option in MakeCode to make a demo video.

Years ago, I could do this, but now, with MakeCode running in Chrome on MacOS (Sonoma) 14.5, it never shows any USB connected camera available. Only "camera 0" and that has no image.

I've checked the Chrome settings and the camera is allowed to ask to use the camera.

Am I missing something to get this to work?

Thanks,
.Andy
Attachments
camera.png
camera.png (153.12 KiB) Viewed 234 times

johnpark

Re: no cameras show up in Green Screen option

Post by johnpark »

I'm seeing the same problem on makecode.adafruit.com however maker.makecode.com seems to allow my webcam to show up (along with the mysterious 'camera0') and works fine. Can you give this a try?

ahdavidson7

Post by ahdavidson7 »

Thanks, John.

Yeah, I see other cameras in maker.makecode.com, but what is the deal with this tool? Is it a parent of the Adafruit version?

All I want to do is use MakeCode with CPX for my teaching demos; why do I need to use this platform instead of the regular one that Adafruit promotes? (I guess I don't unless I want the green screen camera?)

Also, whether maker.makecode or adafruit.makecode, do you have any idea why I always have to pair the IDE with the CPX 3 times before it will download code automatically in Chrome? I've been thinking maybe I should sacrifice a chicken first to improve that process ???

I'm a little confused here.

.Andy

johnpark

Post by johnpark »

maker.makecode.com is for a bunch of different boards (including Circuit Playground Express), while makecode.adafruit.com is only for the CPX, so it's a bit more streamlined. I can't officially confirm or deny if poultry must be involved in the download process.
These questions are good ones to ask on the Microsoft MakeCode forum, they create/maintain MakeCode in all of its forms. https://forum.makecode.com/

ahdavidson7

Post by ahdavidson7 »

OK, thanks, John.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MakeCode”