There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Need documentation for eeml.Data call (Python)?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Need documentation for eeml.Data call (Python)?

by patricia48 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 am

I have successfully duplicated the temperature measurement in the learn.adafruit.com section for sending RPi dtaa to COSM. Now I am ready to send my own data, some voltages. Where is the documentation for the eeml.Data call? Where is it defined what the parameters are, for example the unit = xxx?
I have been thru the COSM site and others and all I come up with is pointers to the library, which has nothing but basically the same example, using the parameters for temperatures or humidity. Those are pre-defined as near as I can tell from looking at the code. But nowhere can I find the general documentation for all the parameters of the eeml.Data call.
How do I tell it I am sending a voltage, for example?
Is my only choice to read the raw library code that builds the eeml and figure it out for myself?

Perhaps I need to ask this in the RPi forums, I just thought this forum might be a bit more user friendly to neophtyes, given Adafruits goals and helpful fellow members of that commmunity.

Thank you!

Pete
patricia48

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.