TVout on Adafruit TTL Serial Camera

For other supported Arduino products from Adafruit: Shields, accessories, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TECH_GEEK10

Re: TVout on Adafruit TTL Serial Camera

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

When you say full color you are saying that the NTSC videos are in color right? I get the TTL pictures in color but the video is always in black and white...

TECH_GEEK10

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

Sigh... Nothing seems to get the NTSC video to output color... Adafruit I would like to know how we can arrange to get me a refund for the purchase of this camera. Do I have to pay more to ship them back to you? I don't have much money left & I can't get to a UPS/USPS/Fedex post office any time soon as I use public transit. I also can't get a ride as I'm taking care of my mom who just got her knee fully replaced

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

You might try a different cable also. The Chrominance signal in NTSC is a higher frequency signal on top of the video and might be getting attenuated by the cable.

TECH_GEEK10

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

I used the same cable on my FiOS cable box and got good full color picture. I even tried 4 other styles of cable with same results. I'm not sure what is causing me to get the results I'm getting but it is something in/on the camera itself. What do I need to do to get a refund? I could send both of them back to you (hopefully) withen the next 2 1/2 weeks.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

TECH GEEK wrote:I used the same cable on my FiOS cable box and got good full color picture. I even tried 4 other styles of cable with same results. I'm not sure what is causing me to get the results I'm getting but it is something in/on the camera itself. What do I need to do to get a refund? I could send both of them back to you (hopefully) withen the next 2 1/2 weeks.
please feel free to send both back contact [email protected] for instructions, we'll plug them in and send you a photo of them outputting color.

thanks,
adafruit support, phil

TECH_GEEK10

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

You sound like you think I can get color out of them, yet I have tried all of your suggestions with no color so far. Tell you what, you said you can get a pic of them outputting color.if can document your setup with a few pictures of them outputting NTSC video with this display, I'll send one of them back and buy the display, and send you the money you had to spend to send the second camera (~$16)

I know it must be frustrating to deal with me not getting color when you are sure they output color. I just want them to work and am only asking for your help, nothing more.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

TECH GEEK wrote:You sound like you think I can get color out of them, yet I have tried all of your suggestions with no color so far. Tell you what, you said you can get a pic of them outputting color.if can document your setup with a few pictures of them outputting NTSC video with this display, I'll send one of them back and buy the display, and send you the money you had to spend to send the second camera (~$16) I know it must be frustrating to deal with me not getting color when you are sure they output color. I just want them to work and am only asking for your help, nothing more.
hi tech geek,

don't worry about the money, we'll take the camera(s) back and verify they're outputting color. we take care of all our customers, we responded to all your posts almost instantly, we overnighted a new camera, we have been here around the clock assisting you. it's all good :)

cheers,
adafruit support, phil

TECH_GEEK10

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

So if I send back both cameras you'll refund the money I spent on the camera? I guess I can deal with having spent $10 more on shipping that was only intended for the camera, and not the other half of the order (wave shield) which may I add is the best electronic purchase I've made yet.

Can I ask which method you would suggest for me to return the cameras to you if I can't get to a post office easily?

TECH_GEEK10

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

adafruit wrote:
hi tech geek,

don't worry about the money, we'll take the camera(s) back and verify they're outputting color. we take care of all our customers, we responded to all your posts almost instantly, we overnighted a new camera, we have been here around the clock assisting you. it's all good :)

cheers,
adafruit support, phil
All that does not mean that I'm making you mad/frustrated and I know I have made you lose money and time, of which I'm very sad and sorry I made you have to do...

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

TECH GEEK wrote:All that does not mean that I'm making you mad/frustrated and I know I have made you lose money and time, of which I'm very sad and sorry I made you have to do...
we are thrilled to help you and demonstrate our dedication to our customers and support. you can compare us to other companies as things go right and wrong with any purchase and needs :)

thanks!
adafruit support, phil

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

TECH GEEK wrote:So if I send back both cameras you'll refund the money I spent on the camera? I guess I can deal with having spent $10 more on shipping that was only intended for the camera, and not the other half of the order (wave shield) which may I add is the best electronic purchase I've made yet. Can I ask which method you would suggest for me to return the cameras to you if I can't get to a post office easily?
please email [email protected] for return instructions. we'll give you a full refund, no worries.

cheers,
adafruit support, phil

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Your Wii and cable box are both outputting composite video, not component video?
Your TV has a dedicated composite video input? Or does it accept composite sources through one of the component channels?

TECH_GEEK10

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

both wii and ttl camera use the RCA / yellow + white + red cables. The TV has only RCA / yellow + white + red connectors

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

That's composite video, then.
Curious - does your cable box have an external video input? Could you hook the camera up to that and see what happens?

TECH_GEEK10

Post by TECH_GEEK10 »

Nope only video outs. I've put off returning it till I can test it on a few other type of TV's tho which might be on Monday.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Arduino products from Adafruit”