WiFi controlled Neopixel Project Share

Forum announcements

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sparcules

WiFi controlled Neopixel Project Share

Post by sparcules »

Just wanted to share my under cabinet Neopixel project I've been working on. Driven by the Spark Core (or Particle Photon) and controlled by my Android Spark Pixels app. The app is free on the Google Play store. The app is a WiFi mode selector remote for your Neopixels. Select a mode, adjust brightness, adjust speed. The app is not a mode/LED sequence creator. All modes are coded in the Particle sketch.

Spark Pixels is expandable! Make your own modes - add your mode code to the sketch on Particle’s web IDE, then re-start the Spark Pixels app. The app will update with your new mode. For instructions on how to add a new mode to the sketch see the README.

The latest release of the Spark Pixels app supports the L3D Cube, scrolling text, Auto Shut Off control (times configured in the firmware), and switch options to enable/disable extra features within a mode. Get the sketch for the Cube here.
The text input option in the app would be perfect for any of Adafruits Neopixel Matrix offerings. See the textScroll() function in the L3D Cube sketch above for an example.

Finally, check out my under cabinet lights video here.
And check out the little Christmas tree I coded on the L3D Cube here.
The Cabinets
The Cabinets
20150515_124621a.jpg (174.2 KiB) Viewed 4596 times

adafruit_support_rick

Re: WiFi controlled Neopixel Project Share

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Nice work. thanks for posting!

00vrsix

Post by 00vrsix »

Guessing it's powered by 110 for the house. I'm considering making a kit for motorcycles.. Using bluefruit m0 when released. But, I'm also considerations other ways.. In essence.. I want to power about 150 pixels.. And have an app the will do the basics. Change color, add color wheel and such. Pre set programs. Love to hear more about your project.

sparcules

Post by sparcules »

@00vrsix The 5V power supply runs off of 110. But you could definitely run it off of a DC source. A bluetooth LED mode selector remote sounds like a great idea. A definite must for a motorcycle. My project is based off of a Particle Photon, check them out here: https://www.particle.io/.
The original post has links to my github repo. There is more info about the project there. If you have any questions, you can email me. You should be able to find my email through the app store. The link to the app is also in the original post.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Announcements”