UPS and USPS

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
davegun

UPS and USPS

Post by davegun »

I placed an order from Adafruit on Wednesday evening and selected UPS 2nd Day Air. My package was waiting on my front doorstep when I returned from work on Monday, 5 days after I placed my order. The order was on time from New York to Wisconsin.

A few weeks earlier I ordered mosly Adafruit products from Adafruit's recomended supplier Mouser. I placed my order on a Thursday evening and selected USPS Priority mail (3 Day). On Saturday my package arrived in my mail box. Texas to Wisconsin in 2 days after I placed my order. USPS was faster by 3 days and $4 less.

I know Adafruit will black out USPS for an entire area if one person claims to have issues. Would Adafruit consider adding an area if USPS provides excelent service? All I ask is for the option.

Thank you,
Dave

Franklin97355

Re: UPS and USPS

Post by Franklin97355 »

Would Adafruit consider adding an area if USPS provides excelent service?
We are continually assessing the delivery record of all our carriers.

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

I know Adafruit will black out USPS for an entire area if one person claims to have issues.
This is not the case. Our shipping policies are based on performance statistics from hundreds of thousands of shipments. At our current rate of nearly 1000 shipments per day, we have plenty of data to work with. And as Franklin notes, we are continually reviewing and assessing it.

davegun

Post by davegun »

Thank you for your consideration.

Just to be clear, your answer is no? If a carrier is not being used in an area, how do you statistically evaluate their performance relative to that area?

Dave

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

We do not make one-off exceptions for shipping policy. We do have several large full-line distributors that offer USPS service and we encourage you to use them if they can provide better delivery service to your location. Companies like Mouser and DigiKey ship orders of magnitude more volume than we do and have considerably more clout in negotiating service agreements with the carriers.

IcicleThief69

Post by IcicleThief69 »

Questions, How is offering 2 day service to customers and then getting 6 days in return good practice? Why are you using slow UPS who does not offer delivery on Saturdays and not using FedEx express or Fed Ex ground who does? Also UPS is known for damaging boxes and FedEx has never damaged a box. I have received things much faster on time with FedEx over UPS all the time. So again how can you offer 2 day shipping and not give it? If UPS won't get it there in 2 days, why would you not send it out another way to make sure it gets to your costumer in the 2 days it was paid for? Only makes sense to keep your costumers happy so they will comes back to you again and again right? Who ever is shipping needs to look into better service. If not I'd fire them then. I'm seriously pissed off over this, I have been robbed on my shipping. Very poor service. I should be refunded for the 2 day shipping I am not getting and charged for 6-7 day shipping if it gets here by then. 2 day shipping means 2 days not 6 or 7 days. My order was placed on Thursday midday, should have been sent out the same day and received on Saturday making 2 day shipping. My item will not be here till next week 6 DAYS after paying for it. Unacceptable, someone needs to make this right.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Since you knew UPS does not have Saturday service and Monday this week is a holiday I'm not sure why you chose 2 day service. I will pass this along to the shipping department and those that select the shipping methods that we use.

IcicleThief69

Post by IcicleThief69 »

I'm sorry but I DID NOT know you use slow UPS for shipping. I was under the impression that you were shipping with USPS or FedEx. So no I did not know. Again poor costumer service assuming I knew.

IcicleThief69

Post by IcicleThief69 »

And now I have to ask yet another question. Why is a admin for the website answering or giving shipping information when you clearly have no idea about shipping and are not even in New York of which the shipping happens from. Someone in the shipping department should be doing so. You just handle the forums and deleting stuff or banning people. Your clearly not a shipping Clerk or a shipping manager. Your response should have been that you would pass this information on to the right person and nothing more. And yes I'm pissed off because again I was robbed of my money and will not be getting my stuff in 2 days but 6 days if that. And clearly just because there is a holiday on Monday should not effect getting things out on Thursday so they get here on Saturday in 2 days not 6 days.

IcicleThief69

Post by IcicleThief69 »

------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $25.85
United Parcel Service (1 pkg x 3.00 lbs total) (UPS 2ND DAY AIR): $12.67
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $38.52

Oh and by the way what does that say, 2 day AIR, really wow.

So way is it that my stuff is on a truck then?

Next Scheduled Event: Tuesday,05/31/2016 by 5:00 P.M.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Secaucus, NJ, United States 05/28/2016 1:10 A.M. Departure Scan
Secaucus, NJ, United States 05/27/2016 9:21 P.M. Arrival Scan
New York, NY, United States 05/27/2016 8:57 P.M. Departure Scan
05/27/2016 7:44 P.M. Origin Scan
05/27/2016 2:03 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 05/27/2016 10:07 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

If it's being shipped out 2 day air why is it on a truck and not a plane? Pretty screwed up if ask me. I'd have to say that the shipping person really dropped the ball on this one. Big difference between a plane and a truck. THANK YOU.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You don't even want to know how much paperwork it takes to land a cargo plane on the streets of Brooklyn.

"2nd day air" means "delivery scheduled for the second business day, using the air transport network if necessary". It doesn't mean UPS loads the package in a plane just to say it's been there.

It does mean your package gets handled ahead of packages scheduled for later delivery at every UPS facility along the delivery path. It's normal to see regular ground-delivery packages sit at a facility for 24 hours because other, higher-priority packages are being shipped first.

The only relevant question is, "did the package arrive by the scheduled time?" UPS is really good at doing that.

Keebie81

Post by Keebie81 »

IcicleThief69 wrote:Questions, How is offering 2 day service to customers and then getting 6 days in return good practice? Why are you using slow UPS who does not offer delivery on Saturdays and not using FedEx express or Fed Ex ground who does? Also UPS is known for damaging boxes and FedEx has never damaged a box. I have received things much faster on time with FedEx over UPS all the time. So again how can you offer 2 day shipping and not give it? If UPS won't get it there in 2 days, why would you not send it out another way to make sure it gets to your costumer in the 2 days it was paid for? Only makes sense to keep your costumers happy so they will comes back to you again and again right? Who ever is shipping needs to look into better service. If not I'd fire them then. I'm seriously pissed off over this, I have been robbed on my shipping. Very poor service. I should be refunded for the 2 day shipping I am not getting and charged for 6-7 day shipping if it gets here by then. 2 day shipping means 2 days not 6 or 7 days. My order was placed on Thursday midday, should have been sent out the same day and received on Saturday making 2 day shipping. My item will not be here till next week 6 DAYS after paying for it. Unacceptable, someone needs to make this right.
If you read the shipping page https://www.adafruit.com/shippinginfo you would have seen that orders placed before 11am Eastern time ship the same day. Otherwise it gets sent out the next day. When something is time critical it is helpful to inquire about the places shipping policies. If you did place your order midday that means it was most likely past that cutoff time.

When you completed the checkout procedure it also said ups shipping. nowhere does it say fedex. It also most likely did not show a usps option.

Im also pretty sure Franklin knows about the shipping procedures of the company he works for. Its not rocket science on the delivery days of the shipping companies used. It is also not 6-7 day delivery, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are not business days since they are weekends or holidays. When you get something shipped by ups it is in business days, not days total. There no need to disrespect the person trying to help you.

IcicleThief69

Post by IcicleThief69 »

Really mister noise know it all. Next time you wanna chime in on someone else business why don't you look before you open your mouth. It was not completed after 11am, it was 1007am. Learn to read before you speak up. It made the so called cut off. So"Franklin" dropped the ball. 2 day means 2 Day. now go troll somewhere else.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

IcicleThief69 that is enough for this thread. If you can't be polite you can stop posting, this is your final warning.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”