Missing / Wrong Corks on LED holders

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
amelanchier

Missing / Wrong Corks on LED holders

Post by amelanchier »

I just received an order, that among other things, included three sets of chrome metal LED holders - Product IDs 2176, 2177 and 2178. For 2178, none of the black plastic corks came with any of the 5 holders. For 2177 the corks do not hold the LED so that the "LED won't budge". Tried inserting the cork both ways and it takes minimal to zero force to push them out. Item 2176 works perfectly and as advertised - quite a lot of force is required to push the led out. I sent an email concerning this and received a response from Jessie Mae to post on the forum to authorize replacements though really just need the corks specifically for 2178 since there weren't any and possibly for 2177 since they don't seem to work as advertised. Below is the order number and some text from email that I sent. Thank you.

ORDER #1069047-6517564870

5mm Chromed Metal Narrow Bevel LED Holder - Pack of 5 (PRODUCT ID: 2176)
These work perfectly.

5mm Chromed Metal Wide Convex Bevel LED Holder - Pack of 5 (PRODUCT ID: 2177)
States that "your LED won't budge" but the black plastic corks for these, either way one slides them in, will not cork it so it won't budge. Can lightly push on the LED and it will pop right out. Wondering if I received the wrong corks for these.

5mm Chromed Metal Wide Concave Bevel LED Holder - Pack of 5 (PRODUCT ID: 2178)
MISSING the black plastic corks for ALL 5 holders.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Missing / Wrong Corks on LED holders

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Could you post a couple of photos showing the hardware you got please? That will give our QA team something to compare with the ones in inventory.

800x600 images usually work best.

amelanchier

Re: Missing / Wrong Corks on LED holders

Post by amelanchier »

Sorry for the very late reply. By the time someone replied to this post I had already received, through email correspondence, a new set of "5mm Chromed Metal Wide Concave Bevel LED Holder - Pack of 5 (PRODUCT ID: 2178)" that had the expected black corks as shown on the product page.

It looks like the only corks that hold on their own are the "5mm Chromed Metal Narrow Bevel LED Holder - Pack of 5 (PRODUCT ID: 2176)". It seems the other two with the black corks need to be crimped to grip the cork so it doesn't slide out.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”