eBAY Seller Warning :: "analoguesynth / vintage-golden"

Trading post for x0xen, x0x parts, axles, pelts and tobacco

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
amberwolf

Re: eBAY Seller Warning :: 'analoguesynth'

Post by amberwolf »

There's a thread with some, should be easy to find.

otropom

Post by otropom »

i sent the whole thing back to him when he agreed to re-fund postage. a promise he later renaged on saying that i had stolen the cheese head screws from the abs mouser case. seriously analogue synth what planet mate.
just to say that these screws where absent of my kit too ! and btw one month after i'm still waiting for my missing parts and he dont answer anymore to my messages !

phono

Post by phono »

drumatix wrote:
eesense wrote:Absolutely not true
:roll: @ drumatix (You will find that many of the caps have the wrong voltage ratings (ie 50v vs 16v....very high))

there was only 2 pieces "wrong rating" on the IO board and it was totally OK the higher voltage only says that it was the limit volt what you can input on it bevor damage it.

I have also buy a x0xb0x by analoguesynth and I have no problems anyway by this. Shipping was also very fast.

All parts are in best performance and after some days of soldering they is now 100% functionable and very fat acid.

I can say nothing negative and I believing because where it doesn work it is only its own cleverness.

Many errors become be always by to others made, but not by your self. Everything only envious person.

Entschuldigt mein Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache...

EEsense
This text looks like it was written in english, passed to german, then back to english through babelfish. humans just dont fail this bad in conjugating verbs
if you must know the ip of this poster resolves to a german ip, please refrain from asumptions and finger pointing

hyphen nation

Post by hyphen nation »

sparr wrote:pictures of less than prime parts?
I think they are in here...

http://forums.ladyada.net/viewtopic.php ... 40&start=0

drumatix

Post by drumatix »

phono wrote:
drumatix wrote:
eesense wrote:Absolutely not true
:roll: @ drumatix (You will find that many of the caps have the wrong voltage ratings (ie 50v vs 16v....very high))

there was only 2 pieces "wrong rating" on the IO board and it was totally OK the higher voltage only says that it was the limit volt what you can input on it bevor damage it.

I have also buy a x0xb0x by analoguesynth and I have no problems anyway by this. Shipping was also very fast.

All parts are in best performance and after some days of soldering they is now 100% functionable and very fat acid.

I can say nothing negative and I believing because where it doesn work it is only its own cleverness.

Many errors become be always by to others made, but not by your self. Everything only envious person.

Entschuldigt mein Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache...

EEsense
This text looks like it was written in english, passed to german, then back to english through babelfish. humans just dont fail this bad in conjugating verbs
if you must know the ip of this poster resolves to a german ip, please refrain from asumptions and finger pointing
pardon my cynicism.

+ just a big up to factory peasant, absolutely solid, i can't recommend his services highly enough. he's helped immensely in almost an entire replacement and build of one of these utter pisstakes that analoguesynth is selling.

juvation

Post by juvation »

just adding my data point. i bought a kit from analoguesynth and had the following issues with it -

- bad/wrong value primary bypass caps
- missing switch caps
- missing eprom chip
- missing headphone amp chip
- wrong tempo encoder
- some bad 733s

my x0x build was otherwise fine, apart from a toast usb chip (which may have been my fault).

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

juvation wrote: - missing headphone amp chip
bleh!!

midori

Post by midori »

Avoid like the plague "Analogue synth" Aka Sum Cheng from Hong Kong/Australia(Or under any other AKA or Location he might be operating from)
Check any paypal statement with the name Sum Cheng in it and you come across with it then cancel the deal otherwise you will regret!!!!

I was foolish to buy some kits from him even if I previously read few comments that the guy wasnt delivering 100% perfect kits, I bought a couple of kits under the false promise he was absolutely legit that it was just a smear BANNED by some other xoxbox builders/providers and he was swearing for his mother's life that I was going to be 100% satisfied, Well, the kits were far from completed, incorrect parts, missing bits etc...and ended up spending far lot more money than I expected.I sent several emails but didnt get no answer,shame on him.

factory_peasant

Post by factory_peasant »

midori wrote:Avoid like the plague "Analogue synth" Aka Sum Cheng from Hong Kong/Australia(Or under any other AKA or Location he might be operating from)
Check any paypal statement with the name Sum Cheng in it and you come across with it then cancel the deal otherwise you will regret!!!!
This is the individual I was zeroing in on. A person in Australia who had past dealings with him was going to send me a kit that was sourced from Sum Cheng. It needed repairs and troubleshooting. He sort of dropped the dime on this guy. I was waiting to receive that kit to compare it to the others I was dealing with, but he never followed through. Would have been good to inspect it as I felt this would pretty much focus attention on the one bad x0x kit source.

Unfortunate as it is since the word is out I think this should help the x0x community be aware that there are some shady people out there dealing in less than desirable material. Hopefully many of you know what to look for now and avoid.

Gaetano is a highly rated source for good components. If you're going to self-source a kit buy as much as you can from suppliers like DigiKey, Mouser, and Newark. And of course the Adafruit store...

alex_dubinsky

Post by alex_dubinsky »

looks like he changed his name again. now he's vintage-golden (you can verify in 'View ID History')

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

alex_dubinsky wrote:looks like he changed his name again. now he's vintage-golden (you can verify in 'View ID History')
thanks, will update topic title

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0x shop”