Status of Mini Minty?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Harshboy

Post by Harshboy »

Wow! Mini Minty is cool! Cant wait until instruction are up and kits are for sale. A great DIY project!

xoxota

Post by xoxota »

ladyada wrote:actually. i changed my mind...miniminty will act like a 'usb pen/thumb drive' when plugged in (so you can copy over files and also recharge the battery). turns out i found a good chip for doing this, and its quite cheap & easy to solder.
Details! I'm looking at a similar "mass storage" project, and have no clue where to get started. Do you have a part number?

kade

Post by kade »

was there not a site about it. i thought it was already made. iwas going to make the minty but i really rather want a mini minty but i can not wait that long.

lostsoftware

status?

Post by lostsoftware »

any updates?
its been a while.
thanks.

lostsoftware

Post by lostsoftware »

miss you.

miss mini minty :(

jjayh

Post by jjayh »

I was trying to download the source code for the original minty. but i get a server error "Forbidden". I suppose my first clue probably should be that the project is listed under the "unsupported" section of this forum. Any chance that ladyada will smile on me by letting me peek at the source??

rcx11

Post by rcx11 »

Not to be pushy, but it is now 2008 and it's been a while since the last update. Any plan to continue MiniMinty?

charily

Re: Status of Mini Minty?

Post by charily »

How to increase RAM of a computer using a pen drive? i have a desktop computer with a RAM of 256mb.now i have a pen drive of 4gb.with this can i increase the RAM of my system.i am using windows XP.
Last edited by charily on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Don125

Re: Status of Mini Minty?

Post by The_Don125 »

Nope. RAM is very fast, while your pen drive is very slow (in comparison). Even if it were possible, you would probably experience a drop in performance.

It is also inadvisable because while RAM can be written to a nearly infinite amount of times, your pen drive has only 100,000 write cycles for each bit before it becomes unstable. With Windows doing hundreds of memory operations, even while idling, this is a very fast way to burn out your pen drive.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”