need simple python program for 32x32 rgb led matrix

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dlorfel

need simple python program for 32x32 rgb led matrix

Post by dlorfel »

I read the response, now The question is, will python language work with this hardware and what language was 'minimal-example' coded in. hopefully someone can answer this
thanks

- I have a 32x32 rgb led matrix -6mm pitch.
- it is connected to an adafruit rgb matrix hat + rtc with a 16 pin cable. this unit has the authorized power supply from adafruit
- the hat is connected to a rp3
- I downloaded these files(see attached picture) from the adafruit site that tells how to set up the 32x32 rgb led matrix using an adafruit matrix hat and rp3
- after checking my soldering and connections, I finally was able to get one program to run and show up on the 32x32 matrix
- the program is which is an executable so I assume a c++ complied module.
- if it is something else please let me know to help me understand more.
- I have been able to modify python code for the unicorn hat and it did not need a compiled module(object module) it did the compiling at time of execution.
- what I am trying to do with the 32x32 rgb led matrix is take a python program and modify it so i can understand the code.
- the problem is when I execute (run) it from edit screen, run option I get errors such as modules are not found.
- is there a place to find those modules
- is there any real simple python programs I can download and run(such as Hello World) then modify.
- I am trying to get to the same place i was able to get to with my rp 3 and unicorn hat using python but there must be something I am missing

any help anyone can give me would be great to understand how to use the hardware I am using with python code and tell me where the missing modules can be found and a simple python program I can download
Thank you very much
Attachments
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG (118.66 KiB) Viewed 2032 times
Last edited by dlorfel on Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: need simple python program for 32x32 rgb led matrix

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

We don't have any python for the matrix. We only have the fork of the hzeller library:
https://github.com/adafruit/rpi-rgb-led-matrix

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”