Rasp Pi 1M Flex Cable Not Usable

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
wiz69

Rasp Pi 1M Flex Cable Not Usable

Post by wiz69 »

Order # 1633389. I have used my Rasp Pi 2 with a Pi Camera V2, for quite a while with the Flex Cable provided with the Pi Camera. My current application requires to locate the Camera at least 24" - 30" away from the Rasp Pi 2.

After installing the 1 meter cable to interconnect the Camera and Rasp Pi 2, I had intermittent video. When I was able to position the Flex Cable to have solid video, I installed the clear plastic cover provided in my order of the Camera Case with 1/4" Tripod Mount. The video went dead. I removed the clear plastic cover and video came back. I repeated this operation 4 times with the same results. Yes, I did install the clear plastic cover properly.

FYI, I am a EE with many years experience in circuit design and applications. I researched the Internet usage of the 1 meter cable and found numerous issues with its use. I have no problem returning the 1 meter cable and would need a 24" Flex cable sent to me.
I am leaving town in 11 days and need a replacement immediately. I can't have a unreliable setup.

Please advise ASAP.... Thanks

Franklin97355

Re: Rasp Pi 1M Flex Cable Not Usable

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you tried the original cable after having the problem?

wiz69

Post by wiz69 »

Yes... Works fine...

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you placed the order within the last 30 days please contact [email protected] with a link to this topic and your order number and they will help you get a replacement cable

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”