Product 2991

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Savagesauce

Product 2991

Post by Savagesauce »

I am looking for the power supply for Product 2991. It's a USB hub and if you look on the side it has a jack for a power supply to power the ports but it didn't come with one. Where can I find the power pak for it? When I plug the hub into my Pi Zero it fails to power up my keyboard and controller. Thanks

Franklin97355

Re: Product 2991

Post by Franklin97355 »

If you Google for 1.7mm 5volt power supply you get this. Also be aware of this note on the product page.
There is a 1.7mm port for an external power supply but its connected directly to the 5V line so if you need to externally power, we recommend prying open the case and cutting the red 5V line from the USB connection.

Savagesauce

Post by Savagesauce »

If I open the case up and cut the red line I can just use a USB cable that plugs right into an outlet. I know that will use one of the USB connectors but I only need 2 so no loss.

immersion

Post by immersion »

Hi,

power supply barrel connector has inner and outer diameter dimensions. Inner diameter is 1.7mm as per website but what's outer diameter?? Please let me know what it is. Thanks.

h00ba

Post by h00ba »

Are anymore specifics available on this question? Just want to confirm this is a 4.0x1.7mm barrel jack.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”