A board that can do MQTT well

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ripplingwater75

A board that can do MQTT well

Post by ripplingwater75 »

hi,

I have built an application where a Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832 (Product code: 3406), Adafruit Feather nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832 collect some data related to beacons. This data needs to be posted on a server for which I was thinking of something like MQTT. The output from nRF52 can be fed by USB serial to another board. So is there any board that anyone could recommend that does MQTT well and can be programmed from Arduino IDE? It only needs 3 main things - a port to receive the data from the nRF52, WiFi connectivity and support for MQTT, Can anyone please recommend a good board for this? Btw the nRF52 is quite impressive and you guys did an amazing job with that board :) Any of the esp8266 or the esp32 boards? Price isn't an issue but it needs to have good stability (like no know serial port/uart hang ups etc). Thanks a lot. Appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers,
R.W

adafruit_support_carter

Re: A board that can do MQTT well

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

To get the MQTT functionality, you'll need something that can connect to the internet. This will most likely be something with WiFi. The ESP32 seems like it might be a good option since it has both BLE to connect to you sensors and WiFi to send out MQTT.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-huz ... r/overview

ripplingwater75

Re: A board that can do MQTT well

Post by ripplingwater75 »

hi,

Okay thanks a lot. I'll get the ESP32 :)

Cheers,
RW

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”