n0nx0x2

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kid303

Re: n0nx0x2

Post by kid303 »

My rear panel is exactly the same as yours, seems the design hasnt changed. I seem to remember you saying you got your kit from Willzyx to so the layout is exactly the same. Great advice about the off switch, I'll see if I can put it as low as it possibly can go or even place it somewhere else, I'll have to see how it goes, theres nothing to say it has to go on the left (rear) side or even the right for that matter. Noone is going to really see the back of the box, unless you gig with it I guess and eventhen who would care if it was in the middle of the io panel. Thats somewhat exagerative I know but it is only a utilitarian function that provides convenience and nothing more. Its about being able to just turn the x0x on and off, hence the name, se what I did there, :), I digres but seriously its easier than pulling the AC cord out or switchiing it off at the wall, so who cares right?.
As I said thanks for the info because I know, knowing my luck I wouldnt of been able to close the damn thing.
Not too sure if I mentioned that the facebook page dedicated to the x0xlarge is run by rvo, I think, just because there is advertisements for the n0nx0x2 panels etc but dont quote me.
I wrote a long post yesterday and then near the end logged into the freenode page as an experiment and when I came back to this page the damn post was lost so had to write an edited version of the original, which isnt a bad thing because I waffled on about my MC505 having been made at the same time as your Korg and both having the ludicrously expensive 4mb cards.

kid303

Post by kid303 »

I dont understand how the Yocto2 has been released then if the first hasnt quite been finished. Thats seems really lame and half hearted to what sounds like a great project. Its a shame there wasnt some kind of cpu mod that wouldnt require to much modification from the n0nx0x OS, the boot loader I think you called it. It would be the b*llocks if it had a great sequencer I'm sure and in this day and ae with programming having developed more so than that of the 80's it could have the foundation of the loved machine with modern additions that take it to the next level. I thought that was the whole idea of re-creating machines of yester year to BANNED do a 1-1 repro for sure but sometimes add extra features that enhance the workflow and demand of modern musicians. To leave the Yocto half finished it sounds to me is, well,..., I dont really know what it is but it is not. Strange and I dont get it and to move onto another version is great to maybe add features which it has with the PC-2 but to start another version without refining the first seems like bad bussiness practice to me but hey what do I know, I know I couldnt do better thats for sure.

gelabs

Post by gelabs »

I tried the midi-out functionality with n0nx0x but it seems that it's off by 3 semitones, the x0xb0x itself does play the correct note properly tuned.
Is it just me ?

antto

Post by antto »

check your offset setting: http://antonsavov.net/cms/projects/n0nx ... noteoffset
if it's not as expected - i'll look into it

gelabs

Post by gelabs »

Argh, "problem exists between x0xb0x and chair" I would say ...
You're the man, I should have RTFM'd.

All is fine now, thanks Antto :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”