MintyComm download?

Minty so good. Minty so tasty.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

In my case I am really confused. I got the bootloader to program, the code was verified to be correct, the USB is recognized, but tinybld does not detect it. What could be wrong?

luke

Post by luke »

i'm not sure if this will help you, but:

in my case, the usb was recognized, but a couple of the pins were not connected correctly. i can only assume that means that the a couple of the pins are necessary for communication but not for detection.

you should also check the frequencies of your crystals. also, the inductor bead is not listed in the directions as a part needed for the USB system, but it is in the schematic. have you soldered that in?

as a last check, I like to go in with a multimeter and check for connectivity between places that should be connected (i.e. each pin on the PIC and its end point. for example, pin 24 and 25 on the FTDI chip (RX,TX) and pin 43 & 44 on the PIC). Go through each connection used in the necessary system and ensure connectivity.

ryder1650_guest

Post by ryder1650_guest »

LOL, I had the baud rate set at 115200 instead of 19500, I got it to program!

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

whoah. I changed my setting in the Tiny Bootloader program to 19200 and now it finds my PIC. I just get a "Could not write" error now.

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

Is the switch in the off position?

terpDriver

Post by terpDriver »

i've tried it in both positions. also tried hitting "write flash" and then toggling the switch both ways. I'm building two minty's at the same time. i was able to get it to program one now. the only difference was i had the battery hooked up to that one. then i was able to open hyper terminal and get it to spit out garbage once, but now nothing (and i tried the two different speeds in hyperterminal. should the other hyper terminal settings be changed? i assume flow control should be none.)

ryder1650

Post by ryder1650 »

In hyperterminal i found that my leads were not getting a good connection on the battery. I ended up having to use my fingers to hold the leads down (with electrical tape covering them) and then I got hyperterm to print the minty mp3 thing and then it said resetting card...

BugBountyPrograms

Re: MintyComm download?

Post by BugBountyPrograms »

hi

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyMP3”